Thursday, April 11, 2013

Amsterdam

So a few weeks ago I went to Amsterdam for my second trip out of the Czech Republic! The city is really tiny, and kind of like a mini Venice with lots of canals and tiny streets. It was absolutely gorgeous, but we sadly got extremely terrible weather. I went with my roommate Allison, my friend Erin from Wisconsin, and two friends Sarah and Nay who go to Hamilton.

Erin, Sarah, Nay, Allison and me!


Our first night there we got in pretty late, so we just went out to find some food. We went to this awesome Falafel place. I hadn't hummus since coming to Europe (I'm obsessed with hummus), so it was an extremely awesome Falafel. The next day we went on a canal tour in the morning. We were able to see a lot of the city this way and it was nice cause the boat was closed off and it was raining outside. We did a lot of walking around and just exploring the city.
Erin and me on the canal tour

That night we went for dinner to this mexican place called The Taco Shop. Funny story about this place - it's three locations are Madison, WI, Amsterdam and Copenhagen. I remember seeing this place in Madison before and those locations were on a sign in front of the place and I was like thats most definitely not true. But Erin and I were freaking out there because the guy opened the location in Madison and it was just so random to have a restaurant in Madison and Amsterdam.
The Taco Shop!
The next day we found the illustrious "I amsterdam" thingy. It was really crowded but it was fun to climb all over it and take pictures.

We found A (pretty little liars reference)

We went to a wine and cheese tasting, which was really yummy and fun and made us feel very class. They let us cut our own cheese, and we were probably supposed to do a little tasting of each cheese, but we devoured our 5 blocks of cheese.
Allison and Erin tasting some wine and cheese

On our last day we did a tour of the Heineken factory. It wasn't just a typical tour, but a very interactive tour with lots of things to do so it was really fun.
Heineken Factory

Sorry I went to Amsterdam a month ago, so this post is kinda lacking details :/
But the week after Amsterdam I went to Krakow, Poland so that post will hopefully be coming soon!
P.S. it's finally warm here and the sky is no longer a perpetual hazy gray! It's fantastic  

No comments:

Post a Comment